Micro Internship / Industry Placement (12 weeks)
The Practera Micro Internship and Industry Placement program enhances learner outcomes, increases the ease of monitoring internships and raises engagement for all users.
The program structure facilitates intern-supervisor feedback, internship presentations and reflection, meaning your students will be more prepared, proactive and structured in their internship.
Practera app lets you monitor, track and understand how your students and industry partners are progressing, with real-time analytics, and our AI-based experiential learning assistant will flag potential issues that you can address in a timely matter.
This experience can be added to any Industry Placement or Internship program that you are already running, or can be part of creating a whole new program. This Micro Program has 6 feedback loops and can be used over a range of durations. We recommend using this program over a minimum 12 weeks period to allow time for meetings, reflection and actioning goals in real-life.
Interns will: track progress and task completion; set internship objective with supervisor; regularly assess and be assessed on professional skills and progress; access supportive materials; complete an end of internship presentation; and receive regular, objective-related feedback from supervisors.
The program is designed to complement real world intern-supervisor interactions and so feedback in this program is ideally paired with real world discussions.
Digital badging and a portfolio compiled of assessment submissions also incentivise program completion.
The users of the Micro Internship program include:
- one or multiple Interns (app)
- one or multiple Supervisors (app); and
- a Program Coordinator (coordinator interface)
- Develop and apply employability skills
- Demonstrate and apply experiential learning, including reflection
- Engage in professional development, including networking
- Self evaluation (quiz, individual)
- Introduce Yourself (moderated video submission, individual)
- Internship Objective (moderated, individual)
- Weekly check-ins x8 (quiz, individual)
- Weekly Check-ins + Skill Reviews x3 (moderated, individual)
- Optional Presentation Slides (moderated, individual)
- Final Report (moderated, individual)
35 minutes of video content
- Self awareness & emotional intelligence
- Reflective practice: how to recognise & articulate learning
Articles & blogs
- Skill development support
- Professional behaviour support
- One or multiple supervisors to complete reviews
- Real-world meetings to complement Practera program
- Interns matched with Supervisors/industry partners
Recommended hours / duration
10 hours, ≥12 weeks
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the app work for your students and mentors?
The app systematises an evidence based experiential learning process for the interns, engaging them in planning, practice, feedback and reflection loops with their supervisor. The app is 'light touch' and wraps around the real world activity of the actual internship.
How does the Practera platform help educators achieve great program outcomes?
Educators who purchase Practera GO licenses for their students get free access to the Practera online platform to enrol participants, form teams and monitor progress. Our world-first AI-based experiential learning assistant helps you deliver a truly successful and engaging experience by flagging up whenever something needs your attention.
What are licenses used for?
You need a license for each participant that you want to enrol in your experience.
Is there an ongoing cost if I buy licenses?
No. Practera GO experience licenses are once-off purchases. You can simply buy more if you want to add new participants any time.
What happens after I buy one or more licenses?
How long will it take until I can enrol my students?
Everything is ready to go, so you can launch in no time. We have seen successful program roll-outs within 72 hours!
Will you help me to launch my program?
Of course, we are committed to make you successful! Our customer success team who all have an educational background are there for you. On the administrator platform you will have 24/7 access to our support tools and chat support during Australian business hours.
Can I buy more licenses later?
Yes. You can come back anytime to purchase additional licenses, which will be added to your account.
Can I customise the experience?
Who delivers the experience?
Is the user data secure?
Yes. We have the highest standards for our data privacy and security. You can read our public statement about our data policy here.